Join us on Friday nights at 7 PM for our general body meetings!
Interested in robotics? Then get involved with Illinois Tech Robotics, a student organization focused on countless varieties of competitive and noncompetitive robotics!
On October 15th, 2016, Illinois Tech Robotics won the 12th annual IIT Pumpkin Launch, clearing the fence and breaking all previous records with the Mach IV centripetal force trebuchet. Mach IV boasted a maximum launch speed of 98 MPH, a maximum distance of 475 feet, and not one backwards launch. See it in action on our videos page!
On March 11th and 12th, ITR competed in the 29th annual Midwest Regional Design Competition (formerly the Jerry Sanders Creative Design Competition). We entered four robots: Icarus, Goliath, Fenrir, and Roslund. Fenrir, our gravity drive robot, and Icarus, our quadcopter, competed in the qualifying rounds, Roslund made it to the quarter-finals, and Goliath took home the championship. (In the past, Fenrir and Goliath have also won demolition rounds.)
ITR volunteered at the FTC Illinois State Championship on February 27th, and at the FRC Midwest Regional on March 31st through April 2nd. These competitions, organized by the FIRST youth robotics program, allow high schoolers to design, build and compete with their own robots: students' brainstorming, prototyping and robot building are tested in a series of competitions in the arena. The events combine fun and real-world appeal; prominent colleges offer scholarships to contestants, and corporations and even NASA serve as sponsors.
Directions to the Robotics Lab
- Enter through the revolving door at 3424 S State St.
- Turn left at the security desk, then turn right at the intersection and go to the end of the hall.
- Turn left; the entrance to the robotics lab is at the end of the hall on the right, through the blast doors.
After Hours Access
- For after hours access, enter through the IIT Tower at 10 W 35th St.
- Tap your ID card on the pillar and walk around the elevator bank.
- Go in through the glass door, up the steps, and through the double wooden doors, which will be open.
- Turn left, then turn right at the end of the hallway.
- At the corner past the elevator, make a left and then another left.
- The entrance to the robotics lab is at the end of the hall on the right, through the blast doors.
(Campus Map) (Building Map)
CommunicationsContact us at email@example.com
New members should sign up for our organization on HawkLink to receive information about meetings and other club activities. Each project also has its own mailing list. Please contact the project lead for information regarding project specific communications.
You can also recieve news and photo updates from our Facebook Page. Like us and share us with your friends!